Easy Italian Baked Chicken RecipeEasy Italian Baked Chicken, flavored with a simple spice mixture along with fresh garlic and olive oil, and finished with parsley and fresh basil. Be sure to read the tips for best results.
Servings : 6 people
- 2 lb/907.185 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp/ 44.4 ml Greek extra virgin olive oil (I used this one)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5 to 6 Campari tomatoes (or small Roma tomatoes), halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp/3.6 g dry oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (from 2 springs of thyme)
- 1 tsp/ 2.1 g Sweet paprika
- Handful chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Pat chicken dry. Place a chicken breast in a large zip-top bag and zip the top (make sure to release any air in the bag first), then place it on your poultry cutting board. Using a meat mallet like this one, pound to flatten the chicken. Remove from zip-top bag and reuse bag and mallet to repeat the process with the remaining chicken breast pieces.
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a large mixing bowl or dish. Add spices, minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Combine to make sure the chicken is evenly coated with the spices and garlic.
- You can find complete recipes click here!
Easy Italian Baked Chicken Recipe
4/ 5Oleh Editor