★★★★★ 1412 Reviews: The BEST #Recipes >> Rustic Slow Cooker #ChickenThis slow cooker chicken is melt-in-your-mouth tender, exceptionally flavorful, with rustic flavors.
Servings : 6
- 6 chicken thighs (skin-on, bone-in or boneless)
- 2 small yellow onions (halved and sliced about 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced or minced)
- ginger root (about 1 1/2 inches, peeled and thinly sliced or minced)
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional but highly recommended)
Pat dry chicken thighs with paper towels to remove surface moisture. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt on each side and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until deep golden brown. Remove from the pan and transfer to the slow cooker, placing the chicken pieces skin side up.
Add the onions, garlic and ginger to the same the skillet. There should be plenty of oil and fat left in the pan, but if not, add another tablespoon of oil or butter. Saute the vegetables until deep golden brown, constantly stirring, about 3-5 minutes (see note).
- You can find complete recipes click here!
★★★★★ 1412 Reviews: The BEST #Recipes >> Rustic Slow Cooker #Chicken
4/ 5Oleh Editor